A 30 hour programme run termly in a variety of attendance modes:
Evening: 10 week Evening programme (usually 6-9pm over 10 evening sessions)
Fast-track: 5 week daytime programme (usually 9.30 – 4.30 – delivered in 2 x 3 hour workshops per day over 5 days)
For Future Training dates: Click here
Fast-track Intake ~ Training commencing on Tuesday 1st June 2021 – course full and waiting list in operation.
All application documents should be submitted via email to prevent processing delays.
Course full and waiting list in operation.
Click on the links below to download the supporting application materials. If you would like to receive these in word, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Applications are invited from anyone aged 18+ interested in embarking on an initial course in counselling. Applications must be supported by an impartial reference prior to the commencement of training. References can either be included with the application or sent directly to email@example.com
|[Timetables]||[SPTI-ABC Course Information Sheet]|
|[SPTI-ABC Application form]||[SPTI-ABC Reference Form]|
|[SPTI ABC FAQ’s]||[SPTI Privacy Notice]|
The ABC Level 2 Award in Counselling Concepts provides an introduction to counselling and may be of interest to you if:
- You would like a realistic understanding of the nature of counselling training.
- You would like to enhance and improved your verbal and communication skills.
- You would like to experience working in groups of different sizes.
- You would like to enhance your career prospects through extra qualifications.
- You are undertaking voluntary work.
- You are seeking a career change.
- You are returning to study.
- You would like to enhance your self awareness.
The course consists of the following 3 units, which are internally and externally moderated:
- Unit 1 The professional context of counselling
- Unit 2 Communication skills in helping relationships
- Unit 3 An introduction to personal development
The course is externally validated by ABC Awards and offers a 5 credit award at level 2 (GCSE level of study) qualification on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF link). Further details regarding the programme can be found at: skillsandeducationgroupawards.co.uk/qualification/level-2-award-in-counselling-concepts
The £360 tuition fee includes the ABC Awards assessment and official ABC certificate. Fees are valid for one academic year until 1st September 2021
A minimum of 80% attendance to pass is required by ABC Awards