Starting Salary: £48,000 – £55,000 FTE based upon experience and qualifications.
Hours: part time, 3-4 days per week, to include Tuesdays. Job share would be considered.
Contract type: permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to influence and drive the strategic development and future vision of our institute. As Director of Training you will be uniquely positioned to bring your passion for education and your experience of both psychotherapy training and leadership together by collaborating and connecting with our staff, students and professional associates.
As a member of the Director Team, the postholder will be a key member in the strategic leadership of SPTI. Working closely as part of the newly formed team of directors they will hold responsibility for budget holding, planning, and management of change and innovation in relation to training. They will work closely with and supervise our established team of experienced Programme Leaders and Tutors. They will represent SPTI at a local and national level and, liaising with our University Partner and accrediting bodies, be responsible for the maintenance, growth and development of our range of training programmes whilst ensuring compliance with all academic, ethical and professional standards.
This is a genuine opportunity if you would like to lead our established team as we go through a process of ongoing review and development to continue delivering and developing high quality academic and clinical training which is innovative, inclusive and responsive in our pandemic and post pandemic world. If you have the necessary passion, skills, experience and vision we would love to hear from you.
As Director of Training, you will have the following skills, knowledge, experience and personal qualities:
- Demonstrable skills, experience and a proven track record as a, psychotherapist, trainer, manager and clinical supervisor who is UKCP and BACP registered.
- Be excited at the prospect of leading a team of experienced professionals in the field of psychotherapy and counselling training and have experience of actively supporting the personal and professional development of team members.
- Be a strategic thinker with a vision for developing our vibrant and established team at The Sherwood Psychotherapy Training Institute.
- A clear understanding of Higher Education, the psychotherapy field, and the partners and regulatory bodies with whom we work. You will have a deep understanding of the challenges faced in the psychotherapy and counselling profession and in higher education and be able to represent us at a local and national level.
- A deep understanding of the psychotherapeutic processes involved in training delivery, a clear understanding of the academic and regulatory context, with the ability to engage and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- An open, receptive and collaborative leadership style which engenders and supports a collaborative culture across the organisation.
- Personal qualities of robustness, integrity, openness and honesty and be able to respond to change and challenge with sensitivity and confidence.
- Be committed to promoting diversity, equality and inclusion. Being prepared to meet the challenges involved, both personal and professional, and to facilitate the widening of our reach to better include groups who are under-represented in our profession.
- Be convinced of the importance of evidence-based research and practice to support the development of professional standards and practice.
- Be committed to resourcing the next generation of well qualified therapists to meet the challenges our communities face now in this pandemic world and in the future.
Closing date:for applications: Thursday, 17th June 2021
Interview date: TBC
For further information about the role please email Alison Fookes, Director at Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org