We are currently inviting applications for the following post to join our diverse team at an exciting time of continued growth and development:
Hours of Work: 8 hours per week : Friday and Saturday 10.30am-2.30pm
Hourly rate: £10.00 – £11.50
Annual salary: FTE £19,500 – £22,425 paid on Pro rata basis
Pay: Monthly – payment is made over 12 months to include 5.6 weeks annual leave and bank holidays taken during non-working weeks
This post is part time and term time only, 8 hours per week, 42 weeks per year September to July, based in our City Centre premises.
The successful applicant must have at least 12 months experience in a customer facing role, preferably working within a library environment, and must have excellent organisational, administration and IT skills. They must be educated to GCSE, or preferably A level equivalent.
The post incorporates a variety of tasks and responsibilities. These include: managing the library loans service; supporting students to access library resources both online and hard copy; maintaining and updating library records; tidying , organising and checking library stock, and liaising with the programme teams to ensure library and other student resources are reviewed, updated and renewed on an annual basis. The post does involve some lone working hence the successful candidate will need to be flexible, adaptable and be able to prioritise tasks. They will be able to work as part of a team and to use their own initiative and to work closely with current students, graduates and staff. Excellent interpersonal skills, with a pleasant, confident and engaging manner are essential to respond to student enquiries and support students to access resources.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Receiving and assisting library users and ensuring they are supported effectively to access library and other resources.
- Answering telephone and email enquiries from current students, graduates, academic staff and responding appropriately and promptly.
- Computer work including word processing and data inputting, maintaining the library database, receiving e-mails, responding, forwarding to the relevant person where necessary.
- Sending e-mails and attachments to students, graduates, academic staff and suppliers.
- Maintaining and updating library records, reading lists and database .
- Updating and reviewing VLE resources through collaboration with teaching and administrative staff.
- Ordering books and other resources in liaison with academic and finance staff.
- Scanning and amending documents.
- Use of the library loans database to return, renew and loan resources to students.
- Assisting students with library queries, checking course reading lists, re-shelving books.
- Ordering library supplies.
- Checking and monitoring maintenance of reception and student resources and library areas.
- Handling of confidential and sensitive information with discretion and in accordance with GDPR and our information management policies.
Closing date for applications: Friday 26th August 2022.
Interviews: week commencing 5th September 2022.
For an informal discussion please contact: Alison Fookes, Company Director via: PA@SPTI.net